THE ADVANTAGES OF LIGHT BAGS
The bag is a complement that accompanies us every day. 78% of women say they can not stay a whole day without their purse (*). It is a very widespread need. However, your weight should not exceed 10% of our body weight, if we want to avoid health problems.
When we carry an excessively heavy or very heavy bag, and keep its weight on a shoulder for a long time, we force the body to balance the forces, generating muscle contractions. If we use lightweight bags, with materials such as neoprene, and we take care not to overload them, we will obtain several advantages, such as:
- We avoid back pain (lumbago). One of the most widespread pains among the Spanish population, according to the Voltadol study (**)
- We will keep our cervicals and trapezius with greater mobility, avoiding pain and contractures.
- We will have lower risks of suffering from tendonitis in our elbows and wrists. And in general we will keep our muscles without shortening or inflammation.
(*) PAVOFRíO 2011 – “And you, what’s in your bag?”
(**) GSK VOLTADOL 2017 – “Barometer of pain”
COMPARATIVE WEIGHT BETWEEN BRAND BAGS
SOME TIPS ON THE WEIGHT OF THE BAGS
If you want to avoid back pain associated with excess weight in bags, keep these tips in mind:
- Use lightweight bags. Knowing that you will use the bag almost every day and thinking that it is very possible to charge more than necessary, at least take care that the continent is light. Materials like neoprene or foam get very low weights.
- Change shoulder every time. Avoid continually loading an area by changing the shoulder every 10 minutes. This will free your back and allow your shoulders to be better aligned.
- Try to carry only the essentials. Without wanting to, we accumulate objects that are not always necessary. Check the contents of your purse often thinking about the weight you’ll have to carry during the day.
- Prevents the bag from swinging. If you wear it more closely to the body, the effect it will have on your shoulder will be less and your health will improve.